HBIGS Career Development Service
The HBIGS Career Development Service provides all HBIGS students with information and support for career orientation and individual career planning for the next career step after the PhD.
Whom to contact? Sandra Martini
The Career Development Service includes:
(One-on-one, 45 min, 1- 1.5 yrs after start of PhD) to
- talk about your career goals and personal needs
- discuss different career options
- identify your personal research profile via My IDP/Science Careers
- address open questions of effective job search and the application process
- CV and resume review, mock interviews
Of course your needs will be discussed in complete confidence.
CAREER TALKS & NETWORKING EVENTS (“Kamingespräche”) for
- meeting potential employers (companies, institutes, organizations)
- on-site visits, round table discussions, presentations and talks with experts from different occupational fields
- networking with HBIGS Alumni (Join the HBIGS Career & Alumni Network)
CAREER TRAININGS (Professional & Soft Skills)
- Soft Skill workshops (Scientific Writing, Presenting Research Results,...)
- Courses in Complementary Skills (Career orientation, Job Application Training, Grant Proposal Writing)
- Extracurricular Qualifications (courses on GMP, Basic Business Administration + EBC*L certification, Project Management for Research Projects + GPM/IPMA certification)
NEW: CAREER SESSIONS on demand on specific topics, e.g.:
- How to analyze job postings
- How to prepare for an job interview
- Different interview styles
- Job application check up
- and others ...
Please contact me also for information about:
- Job-entry-positions in and beyond academia
- job application check up by email
- Job market situation, salary
- Trainee programs
- Fellowships, Funding possibilties
- Job fairs, Recruiting events
- Family Support ... or if you have further questions!